August 10, 2015

A Tale of Two Weekends

I don't usually use this blog as a travelogue, but today is an exception. I took two trips south on back-to-back weekends this month. Call me crazy, I know. They were each different, and each a blast. Here are some highlights.
Miles Driven: 1504
Hotel Rooms: 3
Shows: 6
Overpriced Theater Water: 3
Manhandled Chickens: 1
Grapes: Too many to count
Time With Dear Friends: Hours and hours and hours!
Weekend one was a trip to Las Vegas for a baby blessing (now that her adoption is final) and to see long-time and dear friends. There were some pictures I took at the hotel pool, but I was persuaded to delete them...!

Baby Blessing, August 2, 2015

The plan was always to drive back to Utah on Monday after lunch. Someone (ahem, named David) decided we really should stop at Tuacahn and see Sister Act on the way home. At 8:45 p.m. Which meant we left St. George at midnight and arrived home around 4:30 a.m. And we all had to work Tuesday morning. But we did it, and we made it, and it was fun. The company was great, and the show was fantastic. I mean Fan.Tastic! #TotallyWorthIt

Fuzzy Tuacahn Selfie

After three hours of sleep on Monday night, I really wasn't fully awake until about Thursday afternoonjust in time to do it all again! Another friend and I headed to Cedar City for the Shakespearean Festival on Friday. We saw Charly's Aunt (full of over-the-top silliness), South Pacific (a classic musical love story), and The Taming of the Shrew (an excellent good comedy). We even opted for an 11:30 p.m. fundraiser where some of the cast members regaled us with song. Saturday night we went BACK to Tuacahn for Disney's When You Wish, which showcased Disney songs and had some amazing effects. This time we stayed in St. George and drove home the next morning!

I finally got to have a nice chat with Will.

And through it all, coming and going, and coming, and going, was the beautiful landscape of central Utah. Honestly, I'm struck by it nearly every time I pass though.

The clouds make it even better!

Yep. A pretty great couple of weekends, which I just had to share. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment